HomeTourney CalendarGreens FeesHistory For tee times, call the Pro Shop (503) 738-3538. gearhartgolflinks.com This 18-hole public course was founded in 1892 as three holes strewn across sand dunes – making it the oldest course in Oregon and west of the Mississippi. Its reputation has long been as a leading course on the Pacific Coast. In 1923, The Oregonian reviewed the course with acclaim: “There is perhaps no course in the United States that is so truly similar to the famous home course of modern golf, that of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club, at St. Andrews in Scotland. Both courses run parallel to and within a short distance of the ocean, both are constructed on turf that has reclaimed former beach sands and both are lined with great sand dunes.” Today, Gearhart Golf Links retains its true links style and flavor, with vastly improved turf conditions and amenities across the 18 holes. Annual memberships are available, however golfers of all skill levels are welcome for daily fee play. Overnight hotel guests are eligible for discounted greens fees as well. Check out tournaments offered on select Fridays throughout the year. The Swingers Lounge Golf and Fitness Center Located in the Gearhart Annex building, spend time in this virtual golf center by Foresight Golf, complete with a launch monitor and golf-specific workout area for use year-round. Clam Bed This new 20,000-square foot putting green, designed with dips and swales for lots of fun. Located just east of the 1st green, just west of the 9th tee. Sand Bar Nestled between sand dunes and rolling hills, we invite you to visit this small bar adjacent to the Clam Bed putting green. Relax by the wood stove and dine on pizza, sandwiches, salads and burgers – along with handcrafted ales. Or stop in for sandwiches and bagels to go. Take note of the one-of-a-kind bar top, crafted from a tree struck by lightning at McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse. The Fore Deck We added an expansive deck just outside the Pro Shop, designed to serve as a welcome to golfers starting their round, as well as great place to sit in the sun and watch golfers tee off, or settle your scorecards after a round. History of the Course, abridged from gearhartgolflinks.com Legend has it that Gearhart Golf Links began life in about 1888, starting out as a few holes of true links golf amongst the seaside meadows that characterize the North Oregon coast. Golf, somewhat new to the U.S., came to Gearhart by way of visitors to the bustling resort who had experienced the game in Europe and found Gearhart's meadows the perfect setting. By 1892, golf was a regular pastime for guests of the Hotel Gearhart on the 3-hole course just across the street. In 1901, at the hands of Marshall Kinney, Gearhart was officially opened as a 9-hole course. In 1913–1915, Gearhart grew to 18 holes and began a long heritage as one of the state's premiere golf venues. Between 1926 and 1935 the course underwent a series of changes, including a redesign by Chandler Egan resulting in the layout that remains relatively unchanged today. Gearhart Golf Links began as a classic example of early links golf. For over a century it has stood as a landmark of the game's origins in Oregon and the western United States. Today, Gearhart Golf Links stands ready to challenge golfers of all skill levels without detracting from the enjoyment of success. With classic styling and rugged windswept features, it remains Oregon's premier link to a rich golf history.