Race Talks: Opportunities for Dialogue
- Kennedy School - Gymnasium |
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- 6 p.m. doors; 7 p.m. event |
- Free |
- All ages welcome
About “Interracial Couples”
Join us for a roundtable discussion, moderated by Donna Maxey, about the realities and myths of interracial marriage. Our guest speakers include two interracial couples married for several decades, along with Maxey herself who was also a part of an interracial marriage.
- Dr. Dalton Miller-Jones, Professor Emeritus, Psychology, Portland State University
- Dr. Cynthia Miller-Jones, Retired Educator
- Sandra Jackson, Facilitation/Mediation Consultant
- Anthony Jackson, EEO Counselor & Dispute Resolutions Coordinator, Bonneville Power Administration
- Donna Maxey, Retired Educator, RACE TALKS Founder/Director
About Race Talks: Opportunities for Dialogue
This series deals with race in Oregon, both historically and up to the present time, to provide learning experiences that support the development of racial identity and sensitivity.
Each month, Kennedy School hosts a presentation on a different topic of ethnicity and racial elements in Oregon history, given by educators and/or experts in the topic at hand. The aim is to provide educational and learning experiences that support the development of intercultural sensitivity and racial identity.Map & Directions