Get Acquainted Social & Auction
Music from Farnell Newton Band
Race Talks: Opportunities for Dialogue
- Kennedy School - Gymnasium |
- Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- 6 p.m. doors; 7 p.m. event |
- Free |
- All ages welcome
About Get Acquainted Social & Auction
Come get acquainted with the folks you've dialogued with all year at RACE TALKS, start new friendships and networks, and purchase food and drink from McMenamins' menu.
Includes a musical performance by the Farnell Newton Band, PSU Professor of Music and trumpeter for internationally renowned star Jill Scott!
Silent auction items include:
- quilted wall hanging
- journaling gift basket;
- jazz gift basket: CD & tickets to a LIVE performance by Farnell Newton, trumpeter for internationally renowned star Jill Scott
- gift certificates to local stores
- a beautiful fused glass pendant
- a stay at McMenamins Edgefield
- glass sculptures
- Artwork by local artists
- Autographed books by local authors, including Sen. Avel Gordly
- Theater tickets
- Raffles items and much more!
About Race Talks: Opportunities for Dialogue
This series deals with race in Oregon, both historically and up to the present time, to provide learning experiences that support the development of racial identity and sensitivity.
Each month, Kennedy School hosts a presentation on a different topic of ethnicity and racial elements in Oregon history, given by educators and/or experts in the topic at hand. The aim is to provide educational and learning experiences that support the development of intercultural sensitivity and racial identity.Map & Directions