Rules & Redemption
Each time you visit a different location, get a stamp and win prizes along the way. Once you've completed the quest, you'll be a member of our Cosmic Tripsters.
Passport Home Passport Prizes
Passport FAQsRegister Your Passport
How It Works
- • When you get your passport, make sure to fill out the first page with your name, email, signature and photo. If you do not have a photo you will need to show your valid photo I.D. when receiving a new stamp. Note: the passport does not replace your I.D. You must have your I.D. to drink.
- • Register your passport number online. This is the only way which your passport will be replaced if lost or stolen. (Note: we will not however be able to replace the stamps which you've received as we are not able to verify where you've been.)
- • When you visit any McMenamins, ask your server for a stamp. You can receive stamps for visiting a location (pub, hotel, small bars) or when you complete different McMenamins' experiences (Ex: Attend a brewfest, Get a spa treatment).
- • Some stamps require an additional photo or may require you to purchase a ticket to a concert or movie. (This will be noted on the passport with a or icon). Scroll down for additional details on these extra steps.
- • Many of our small bars and beverage producers (breweries, coffee roasters, etc.) have limited hours. Look for the " * " and check individual location sites for hours.
- • When you get all the stamps for each region, your server will confirm your stamps and award you a prize.
- • You don't have to redeem your prize on the spot when you get your final stamp in a Passport region. However, you can only redeem the prize at one of the locations listed within that page. For example, if you gather all the stamps on Page 8 for "Hawthorne Boulevard" locations, but don't want to sit and eat your free tots prize (or take them to go) at that time, just return to one of those same 5 locations when you're good and hungry for tots. Once the white box is signed and dated at the bottom of the Passport page by one of our servers, we'll know you've collected the prize.
- • When you complete your passport page for a hotel, go to the front desk to receive your prize.
- • When you've received all of the location stamps in your passport, you can redeem the grand prize at any McMenamins hotel. (Note: You can receive your last stamp at any location, but the final prize redemption is only available at a hotel.)
- • You do not need to do all experiences to complete your passport.
- • You do not have to receive all of the prizes in each section to claim the Grand Prize; you can collect prizes when you are good and ready (or hungry).
- • There is no time limit or expiration date to complete your passport.
- • If a new location opens before you complete your passport, you will need to get those stamps in order to complete the passport. (Our Anderson School in Bothell, Wash. & our Tacoma Elks Lodge are in development and neither has an opening date yet.)
- • McMenamins is not responsible for lost or damaged passports.
- • One passport per person. Once you have the completion stamp in one Passport, you may start another Passport.
- • Have a question? Email email@example.com.
Extra Steps designated by an Icon:
- • Hotels and a few pubs: In order to receive certain stamps, you will need to get a picture of yourself with a designated piece of artwork. The clue to the artwork will be posted at the front desk. Or if it's at a pub, just ask your server. The artwork will change from month to month.
- • You will receive your stamp when you show a photo of yourself with the specified piece of artwork.
- • Movie Theaters/Concert Venues: In order to receive a stamp, you must purchase a ticket OR attend one of the (limited) free events at the venue. There will be designated bars inside the venue for you to get your passport stamp.
- • Keep your ears open! There are some free shows or special events such as birthdays which will not require you to purchase tickets to get in and get your stamp. Check online for upcoming free events at these locations.
Looking for your Crystal Ballroom Passport Stamps?
Crystal Ballroom, Lola’s Room & Crystal Brewery Tour – almost daily at 2 p.m.* – meet at the Crystal Ballroom Box Office. To confirm the tour is taking place, or for other questions, call the Box Office at 503-225-0047.
Stamps for the Crystal Ballroom and Lola’s Room are also available when you see a show – ticketed or free – in either venue.
*Due to private events, concert setup needs and brewers’ schedules, not all spaces are guaranteed to be available to tour daily, but our staff will give it our best shot and show you the spaces that we can.
How to receive your Grand Prize
Visit the hotel front desk at any of our hotel properties.
1. Front desk staff will verify that there is an official stamp for each property. (Experience stamps are not necessary to complete the passport.)
2. When all stamps are confirmed, the hotel front desk staff member will stamp the Passport with the designated "Final Completion" stamp, location and date-which signifies that you've become a Cosmic Tripster! You'll be given a Grand Prize Booklet containing your overnight stay certificates to redeem, and details about requesting your concert tickets.
3. The final stamp will be on the inside front cover of the passport. This is the key to getting your happy hour drink prices for the next year.
Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.