Happy 27th Birthday, Hammerhead!
Friday, January 25, 2013
On this day, twenty-seven years ago, a very special beer was born at the Hillsdale Brewery in southwest Portland, christened Hammerhead. Today, it's above-and-beyond our best-selling ale. So we plan to celebrate! - head to any McMenamins location in Oregon or Washington for $2.50 pints of Hammerhead, plus ale-inspired food specials, contests on Facebook and a lot more. Cheers to the Great Overalled One.
- Pints of Hammerhead for $2.50 (all McMenamins locations)
- To-go bottles of Hammerhead for $4.50 (all Oregon locations)
- 20% off all Hammerhead merchandise at shopmcmenamins.com.
- $15 Hammerhead t-shirts at all the hotel gift shops
- Giveaways on the main McMenamins Facebook page
- Hammerhead Barbeque Pork Sliders with buttermilk coleslaw $7.75
And at the McMenamins Hillsdale Brewery & Public House, the birthplace of Hammerhead:
- Brewery tours from 3 p.m. 'til 6 p.m.
Special Hammerhead brews:
- Cornelius Pass Roadhouse: Rock Hammer (Oak spiral & Three Rocks Rum aged)
- East Vancouver: Thor's Hammer (Dry-Hopped Hammer)
- Edgefield: 'Nelson's Blood' Birthday Hammerhead (Three Rocks Rum aged); pouring at Power Station, Little Red Shed and Distillery Bar
- Old St. Francis: Rock Hammer (Oak spiral & Three Rocks Rum aged)
- Vancouver on the Columbia: Thor's Hammer (Dry-Hopped Hammer)
- Wilsonville: Hop-Rocket Hammer (Hammehead served through a Randall or 'Hop Rocket' coupled w/ meet the brewer event)