While your intent may be to just relax on our property – enjoy some handcrafted ales, sit in the soaking pool, take in a movie – you'll miss out unless you explore downtown Bend and the beautiful surrounding region. Here are just a few ideas...
- If you are a skier, Bend is the place to be in winter. Mount Bachelor offers ten alpine lines, six of them high-speed, while Hoodoo Mountain Resort offers a variety of runs – and tubing – for the whole family.
- If you are a golfer, Bend is the place to be in spring, summer and fall. A few local options include Rivers Edge, Eagle's Crest, Lost Tracks and Widgi Creek.
- Want to take an early-morning, pre-soaking-pool walk or perhaps a stroll after dinner in the pub? Head to Drake Park, called Bend's most popular outdoor gathering spot.
- Want to get out and about – but not sure where, when or how? Just arrange for an outing with Wanderlust Tours. They can take you snowshoeing, cave exploring, canoeing and much, much more.
- Smith Rock is one of the nation's most well-known rock climbing sites. It's worth it to check it out, even if you don't intend to scale its face.
- Book one of Wanderlust Tours' Bend Brew Bus Tours -- guests enjoy an insiders' look at four Bend breweries (including our very own Old St. Francis Brewery) and drink complimentary samples along the way.
- The High Desert Museum is a critically acclaimed gallery dedicated to examining the wildlife, culture and history of central Oregon.
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument offers the opportunity to literally drive across the top of an active volcano! That's something to write home about.
- From the gorgeous heights of Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (an old cinder cone), you can see panoramic views that include the high desert region and several of the Cascade peaks, such as Three Sisters, Broken Top Mountain and Mount Jefferson.
- Just a short daytrip away lies the charming 1880s town of Sisters, OR. Stroll the historic Wild West streets for specialty stores and shops.
- Just a block or two from the hotel, the charms of downtown Bend await – shop for clothes, jewelry, shoes, artwork, home décor and much more.
- For a real treat, visit the Old Mill District – pop into Victoria's Secret, REI, J.Jill, The Children's Place and other stores.
- Even more retail therapy awaits at the Bend River Mall – Macy's, Sears, Perfect Look and more.
Looking for something else? Go to visitbend.com for all the latest happenings, events and travel suggestions.