McMinnville Wineries, Shopping, and the Great Outdoors!
While you may spend time on the Rooftop Bar, or playing pool, or relaxing with a massage, here are a few other options, should you choose to leave the premises! The area is known for the McMinnville wineries, museum and unique shopping.
- Welcome to a premier wine-growing region! Perhaps best known for its Pinot Noirs, the Willamette Valley, in which McMinnville lies, produces an extraordinary range of grapes and wines at more than 200 wineries. Take our "Tour and Taste Daytrip" complete with a guide, or venture out on your own, armed with a map and a sense of adventure!
- In town, join in the Art & Wine Walk every third Saturday of the month to sample the wares from the surrounding vineyards. Enjoy original art from local McMinnville artists while sampling wines from regional and McMinnville wineries.
- Step right outside the door of Hotel Oregon to stroll Third Street, which features boutiques, shops, bookstores, restaurants and more.
- From May through October, there is a local Farmers Market every Thursday, where you can peruse vegetables, fruit, wine and more.
- Do you like rummaging through antique stores? How about a glass of wine while you do it? Visit the McMinnville Antique and Wine Gallery.
- Head ten minutes up the road to Lafayette's Schoolhouse Antique Mall, said to be the largest collection in Oregon.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum houses Howard Hughes' immense "Spruce Goose" flying boat, an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane and much more, and many elements are hands-on. Bring your admission ticket back to our pub for 10% off your meal that day!
- Evergreen Wings & Waves Waterpark includes 10 waterslides (ranging from slides for the little ones to looming slides for daredevils), a wave pool and a children's museum dedicated to teaching about the power of water.
- Saddle up to the craps tables or slot machines at Spirit Mountain Casino and Chinook Winds Casino —both are within an easy drive of Hotel Oregon.
- Golfers should try their skills on Woodburn's Oregon Golf Association Course, rated by Golf Digest as one of the top ten courses in the state. Tee times are available five days in advance.
- Interested in picnicking at a state park? Visit the Maud Williamson State Recreation Site.
Oregon Coast Daytrip
- In just over an hour's drive, you'll find yourself at the beautiful Pacific Ocean! Take Highway 18 southwest to Lincoln City on the coast. Stop by our Lighthouse Brewpub for a beer while you're there!
All in all, you're sure to find fun in McMinnville. Wineries, antiques, and the waterpark await.