While you may just decide to hole up in your room with a good book, or perhaps try your skills on our pool tables or while away some time with a good massage, here are a few other options, should you choose to venture out!
- Welcome to one of the United States' premier wine-growing regions! Perhaps best known for its Pinot Noirs, the Willamette Valley produces an extraordinary range of grapes and wines at more than 200 wineries. Take a guided tour or venture out by yourselves, armed with a map and a sense of adventure!
- If you'd prefer to stay in town, join in the Art & Wine Walk every third Saturday of the month to sample the wares from the surrounding vineyards – call (503) 883-0353 for information.
- Step right outside the door of Hotel Oregon to stroll Third Street, which features many wonderful boutiques, shops, bookstores, restaurants and more.
- From May through October, there is a local Farmers Market every Thursday, where you can peruse vegetables, fruit, jewelry, furniture, wine and beyond.
- Do you like rummaging through antique stores? How about a glass of wine while you do it? Visit the McMinnville Antique and Wine Gallery.
- Head ten minutes up the road to Lafayette's Schoolhouse Antique Mall, said to be the largest collection in Oregon, located in a former 1912 schoolhouse.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum is an incredible experience for young and old alike. Among their many treasures, you can see Howard Hughes' immense "Spruce Goose" flying boat, an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane and much more. Bring your admission ticket back to the pub for 10% off your meal that day!
- Evergreen Wings & Waves Waterpark is an educational waterpark that includes ten waterslides (ranging from slides for the little ones to slides for daredevils), a wave pool and a children's museum dedicated to teaching students about the power of water. We have discounted tickets available for our hotel guests!
- Like to try your hand at the craps tables or maybe the slot machines? Spirit Mountain Casino and Chinook Winds Casino are both within an easy drive of Hotel Oregon.
- Golfers should try their skills on Woodburn's Oregon Golf Association Course, rated by Golf Digest as one of the top ten courses in the state. Tee times are available five days in advance.
- Interested in picnicking at a state park? Visit the Maud Williamson State Recreation Site.
Oregon Coast Daytrip
- In just over an hour's drive, you'll find yourself at the beautiful Pacific Ocean! Take Highway 18 southwest to Lincoln City on the coast. Stop by our Lighthouse Brewpub for a beer while you're there!