While there’s plenty to do at the Olympic Club without ever having to leave – pool, movies, trainspotting – there are also many local and regional attractions to enjoy.
- Mount St. Helens is located approximately one hour south of Centralia and is one of the most active volcanoes in the U.S. To see what the volcano is doing right now, check out its webcam.
- Hidden within the fir trees of Borst Lake, you can find one of the area's local treasures – a one-hundred-year-old fort with loads of regional history.
- During colder months, skiers and snowboarders hit White Pass Ski Resort, just two hours away, before returning to the comfort of the Olympic Club.
- Centralia is home to more than 300 antique dealers located in 11 area antique malls. Many spots are within walking distance of the hotel – download this PDF of the city’s shops. Don’t miss the annual Historic Centralia Antiques Fair, held every July!
- If antiquities aren’t your thing, the Centralia Factory Outlet may have what you're looking for. The outlet mall is located conveniently right off I-5, exit 82, and includes outlets from Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Helly Hansen and many others.
- The Lewis County Historical Museum is a wonderful place to learn more of our local history – this former train depot now houses four different galleries focusing on the settlement of Lewis County.
- The Veteran’s Memorial Museum is also located in Centralia, and you can also see “The Sentinel,” a statue in front of the library paying homage to local veterans who fought in World War II.
- Maybe you can figure out what they are – the Mima Mounds in nearby Little Rock, WA, are giant mounds of earth, also known as hogwallows, that are unexplained – perhaps a Native American burial site? Result of seismic activity? Remnants of giant gopher holes? No one knows for sure.
- Catch a show at Centralia’s own Evergreen Playhouse, located just blocks away, where you can enjoy local actors in live stage performances.
- Every summer, the Centralia-Chehalis Chamber of Commerce hosts free, outdoor concerts at George Washington Park. After the show, head just a few blocks to the Olympic Club for a handcrafted ale, wine or spirit from McMenamins.
- In August, the Lewis County Quarter Milers host the annual Hub City Car Show in historic downtown Centralia for all Pacific Northwest car enthusiasts, with trophies, games, vendors and, of course, cruisin’ all day long.
- Two casinos are located nearby to the Olympic Club. The Lucky Eagle Casino is just minutes away, and the Vegas-style tables of Classic Casino & Bistro are located in Chehalis.