After you've explored the grounds, hung out in the soaking pool, gotten a treatment at Ruby's Spa and more, you might want to check out the surrounding area! Here are a few ideas...
- If you only have time for one attraction, this is it - don't miss Washington County's vineyards. While our neighbor to the south (the esteemed Willamette Valley) may be more well-known for its wineries, our Washington County area also hosts a multitude of wonderful vineyards, all within 10 miles of the hotel. Take a guided tour or just drive around by yourselves for the day.
- Tap into your inner adventurer and climb and zipline your way through the trees at Tree to Tree Aerial Adventure Park.
- Five miles outside of town, enjoy the great outdoors at Henry Hagg Lake. Soak up the sunshine on water skis or boats. If it's not warm enough for sunbathing, the lake offers a disc golf course and great bike trails.
- The Tillamook National Forest is within half an hour's drive and is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with miles of trails for all levels of hikers and easy access to several rivers and streams for fishing or swimming.
- The Fernhill Wetlands is a local sanctuary for waterfowl and birdwatchers alike.
- For golfers, the area surrounding Forest Grove offers up several choices to practice a quick nine holes or go the whole eighteen.
- Downtown Forest Grove hosts many antique dealers, boutiques and other small shops. Pick up a souvenir to remind you of your trip.
- The Streets of Tanasbourne shopping mall is a short drive away and includes REI, Banana Republic, Macy's and more.
And for more ideas, check out the Washington County Visitor Association website.