Good news, animal lovers! Gearhart Hotel is allowing pets during overnight stays. (As has always been our policy, service animals are admitted with their owners regardless of time or stay.) You can book your room either online or by phone. However, if you book online, please call the hotel to add your pet(s) to your reservation. Please note: There is a limited number of pet friendly rooms.
We have a few rules, to ensure the comfort and safety of all our guests, be they two- or four-footed, web-footed or swimming in a bowl:
- Add $15 per pet, per day
- No size or weight restrictions
- No limit on number of pets allowed
- Sorry, no pets in "King with Balcony" rooms
- Pets must be on leashes or in crates while they are in any public or common places within the hotel.
- Pets must not be left unattended by their owners while in the hotel.
- Pets are welcome on the north side of the Sand Trap back patio.
- If a pet creates a disturbance or becomes aggressive to any guest or other person in the hotel, the owner agrees to remove the pet promptly from the hotel upon request unless a mutually acceptable compromise can be met.
- The owners agree to be present or remove their pets from the room during housekeeping service or while any hotel staff is present in the room.
For future pet-friendly stays with McMenamins, head to Bend, Ore., to our Old St. Francis Hotel, set in a former Catholic elementary school, Hotel Oregon in McMinville, site of the Annual UFO Fest, to Kennedy School in Northeast Portland, a former public elementary school, or to the Olympic Club in Centralia, Washington, for a touch of the "Old West" experience.