Kennedy School allows pets during overnight stays. You can book your room either online or by phone. However, if you book online, please call the hotel as soon as possible to add your pet(s) to your reservation.
We have a few rules, to ensure the comfort and safety of all our guests, be they two- or four-footed, web-footed or swimming in a bowl:
- Additional $15 per pet, per day
- Sorry, no pets in English Wing rooms
- No size or weight restrictions
- No limit on number of pets allowed
- Pets must be on leashes or in crates while they are in any public or common places within the hotel.
- Pets must not be left unattended by their owners while in the hotel.
- Pets allowed at the tables in front of hotel, served by the Courtyard Restaurant. They may not be in any of the food or beverage areas.
- If a pet creates a disturbance or becomes aggressive to any guest or other person in the hotel, the owner agrees to remove the pet promptly from the hotel upon request unless a mutually acceptable compromise can be met.
- The owners agree to be present or remove their pets from the room during housekeeping service or while any hotel staff is present in the room.
If you'd like to board your pet elsewhere for half a day rather than leave it in your room while you are out and about exploring Portland, check out the nearby Stay Pet Hotel.
For future pet-friendly stays with McMenamins, head to Crystal Hotel in downtown Portland, to our Old St. Francis Hotel, set in a former Catholic elementary school in Bend, Ore., Gearhart Hotel on the Oregon coast, Hotel Oregon in McMinville, site of the Annual UFO Fest, or to the Olympic Club in Centralia, Washington, for a touch of the "Old West" experience.
We recommend these nearby parks to take your pets to while staying at the Kennedy School: