We recycle a myriad of materials: paper, newspaper, magazines, cardboard, milk cartons, plastic bottles, plastic buckets, plastic bags, shrink wrap, tin, aluminum, aerosol cans, glass jars, bottles, block Styrofoam packaging, computer equipment, fryer oil, as well as grains left over from the brewing process that go to local hog farmers. We can also provide resources for people who are interested in recycling materials from their event at one of our properties.
Our recycling effort includes:
- Using oil at Edgefield's Black Rabbit Restaurant that's a recycled product (derived from milled rice).
- Reusing packaging material whenever possible.
- Using copy paper with the highest post-consumer recycled content. Our menus are printed on paper with 70% to 90% post-consumer waste.
- Donating used computers to a local non-profit, Free Geek.
- Utilizing sustainable hotel practices such as encouraging the reuse of towels and sheets in a guest's room. When sheets and towels are worn out, they're donated to homeless and pet shelters.
- Using chipped wood donated by local arborists for our walking trails.