Feature films with a slice and a brew...
Comfy old sofas, armchairs and tables for two make for memorable movie-going experiences at Kennedy School. And we're not talking about science class documentaries, either. Nowadays, this former school auditorium is home to nightly showings of second-run feature films and more.
The auditorium features murals representing the remarkable history of Kennedy School and its surrounding neighborhood. Ample space allows up to 300 fans of the silver screen to take in a flick — made all the more enjoyable with the addition of our handcrafted ales, wines and spirits along with pub fare, delivered to you during the show from the adjacent Theater Bar.
Entertainment Weekly magazine named this spot one of the "Top 10 Theaters Doing it Right."
Whether visiting Kennedy School Theater to enjoy the movies you missed at the big cinema multiplex or taking in a movie as part of an overnight stay, you're bound to have a different experience at the Kennedy School than at just about any other movie theater around.
Check out these "Creature Features" throughout the month of October:
- The Thing (1982) October 2, 3 and 4
- Young Frankenstein (1974) October 9-15
- Beetlejuice (1988) October 16-22
- The Monster Squad (1987) October 23-29
- Carrie (1976) October 30-November 5
For November, we've got "Amateur Auteurs" showcasing contemporary film directors in their first major directorial work:
- Bottle Rocket (Dir: Wes Anderson 1996) November 6-12
- Blood Simple (Dir: The Coen Brothers 1984) November 13-19
- Pee Wee's Big Adventure (Dir: Tim Burton 1985) November 20-26
- THX-1183 (Dir: George Lucas 1971) November 27 - December 3
And in December, we've got a sleigh full of "Christmas Chaos":
- Gremlins (1984) December 4-10
- Die Hard (1988) December 11-17
- Christmas Vacation (1989) December 18-24
- Scrooged (1988) December 25-27
Tuesday through Thursday, 1st showing (unless an event has been booked). Parents, nannies, grandparents and caregivers, bring your babies to these films, from G to R ratings. Let the wee ones fuss, we don't mind.
History Pub Mondays
Join us for beer and history, sponsored by the Oregon Historical Society, Holy Names Heritage Center and McMenamins, in which you'll hear lively local or regional history while you enjoy a frosty pint or two of handcrafted ale.