Feel like getting out and about during your stay at Kennedy School? Portland is an amazing city, with lots to do — these are just a very few suggestions....
- Head to nearby Alberta Arts District for a variety of locally-owned businesses, from clothing and shoe boutiques to art galleries to coffee shops and much more. If you’re in town on a Last Thursday of the month, the street becomes one big party, with live music, wine tasting, lively crowds and beyond.
- If you’re seeking a more traditional shopping experience, drive or hop a bus downtown to visit the Pioneer Place Mall, Pearl District and other fine shopping areas. The Lloyd Center Mall in northeast Portland is also good for some retail therapy, and features an indoor skating rink!
- Open March through December, the Portland Saturday Market is definitely worth a visit. Pick up an Oregon-produced handicraft from one of hundreds of vendors and artisans
- Guests young and old enjoy trips to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), the Oregon Zoo, Portland Art Museum and much more.
- There are many golf courses located throughout the city; the nearest to Kennedy School is Broadmoor Golf Course, set on the banks of the mighty Columbia River.
- Portland is just an hour’s drive from Mount Hood, on which skiers, snowboarders and shoeshoers can find snow year-round! Check out the historic Timberline Lodge or Mount Hood Meadows for ski conditions.
- Like to bike? You’re in good company. Portland has bike routes mapped out across the city, making it easy, safe and manageable to get around on bikes. Hop a bus downtown and rent a bike to wheel around town in style.
- If you’re in the mood to do a little hiking, head twenty minutes east of Portland into the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area for amazing vistas, well-kept trails and more. Stop by McMenamins Edgefield on the way back to the Kennedy School for a beer!
Sports & Events
- Portland’s Rose Quarter is home to the NBA’s Trail Blazers, the Winter Hawks hockey team and the LumberJax lacrosse team. It also features national concerts, performances and other big events.
Looking for something more? Go to travelportland.com for up-to-the-minute suggestions on what to do, where to go and how to get there.